Compiled in collaboration with the parents.
At Parkview Senior Primary we strongly believe in developing the whole child and therefore offer a broad co-curricular programme, which gives every pupil an opportunity to become more involved in the school.
School sport and school cultural activities should be regarded as an integral and essential part of school activities. The extra-mural program should be seen as an attempt to provide the widest possible experience to our learners.
- To provide various arenas in which a child can experience competition in an educationally sound manner. There is a place for competition in the society in which we live. Competition should not be threatening but should be seen as a means of deriving pleasure, dealing with tension and learning how to win and lose with dignity and good sportsmanship.
- To provide a program, which allows for broad participation – organizing activities so that as many learners as possible become meaningfully involved. To ensure that this occurs we field ”A” and “B” teams where possible and on occasion, even a “C” team. The same philosophy applies to our Inter-House competitions. Participation leads to a sense of belonging, fosters a positive school spirit and enhances discipline. Learners are expected to participate in at least ONE activity per term.
- To identify and recognize talent but also to teach children to understand the fact that they are part of a team and that they should never become “bigger” than the sport or activity – More emphasis on the individual is appropriate later, in high school. Parents have the choice of developing their child’s talent privately.
- To promote qualities such as the pursuit of excellence combined with loyalty, team co-operation, dedication, self-discipline, responsibility, self-esteem, and acceptance of diversity, mutual respect, good manners and sportsmanship amongst all our learners.
- To encourage learners to be warm and friendly hosts to all visitors. This helps in the socialization process both at school and inter-school levels.
- To create the sound balance between meaningful participation, the development of talent and excellence and the interests of all learners in the school.
- To emphasise the importance of a strict dress code, as this influences the discipline and the image of the school.
- To design a programme to ensure effective utilization of all staff members and facilities available at the school. Once teams are organised in various sports, learners will be given policies relevant to that activity.
- To give learners the opportunity to develop holistically taking cognizance of the child’s self-actualization and self-esteem.
- Art Club
- Conversational languages (French, isiZulu, Afrikaans)
- Private Music Lessons
- Dance Classes ( Hip Hop and Modern Jazz)
- Service Teams
- Cricket (Mixed teams- boys and girls)
- Hockey (Girls & Boys)
- Soccer ( Mixed teams-boys and girls)
We at Parkview Senior School appreciate your support and would like to assure you that we respect your privacy. Should you provide us with any personally identifiable information via this web site, we will make every reasonable effort to keep your information secure; Information you provide to us will be used solely for the purpose described on the page where you enter the information: all information is stored on a secure, fire walled, server we will never sell any of your information to any third-party for any reason we will not ply you with unsolicited messages exhorting you to purchase anything.